Test Monitoring

dr., i am monitoring my CBCs (and not having CD4 and viral loads drawn) to decide when to start medication. Can you tell me at what level the WBC and hemoglobin and hematocrit should be at to know when your CD4 counts are getting low? FOr example, would a WBC of 3.0 be an indication that your CD4 counts are getting low? The reason I am doing this is becose of insurance reasons. it's a long story and I won't get in to it. thank you i hope you answer me.

Trying to use CBCs to monitor HIV infection is a bad idea on par with reelecting Dubya in 2004. It makes absolutely no sense and will lead to disaster (like reelecting Bush). You cannot extrapolate CD4 counts accurately from CBC results. Whether you are doing this for "insurance reasons" or because Bush policies make it impossible for you to get the health coverage you (and every American) deserves, you are gambling foolishly with your life. I strongly urge you to reconsider.

Intersting info
reply to "false positive (pregnant)"