Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Intersting info
Feb 24, 2006

Dr. Bob,

I am an HIV- man who just ended a relationship with an HIV+ woman. I got tested and was told some interesting things at the government test site.

I was told that unless there are herpes or a significant cut or sore it is impossible to get HIV from vaginal sex. She told me that in 5 years of testing that the only woman to test positive had anal sex. She also said that the CDC is on the verge of coming out saying that there is no risk with vaginal sex unless there is a sore/herpes/cut.

Is this accurate? My fear is that if the CDC does say this different status couples will stop using condoms.

One other note is that she said in 5 years she never once had a positive test from those who used condoms everytime even when having anal sex with HIV+ partners! So that should tell everyone out there that condoms really work.

Keep up your great and imporatant work.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The government test site told you what????????

It's "impossible to get HIV from vaginal sex" if you don't have herpes or a significant cut?????? What????

"The only woman to test positive had anal sex"????? What??????

You ask, "Is this accurate?" No, of course not. The vast majority of the world's 40,000,000 cases of HIV were contracted by heterosexual vaginal sex (without herpes and/or cuts!). Just remember this is the same government that told us all about those Weapons of Mass Destruction and Saddam's link to Al Qaeda and 9/11. We all know how accurate and "truthful" that turned out to be.

The really interesting thing in your post was the statement that ". . . the CDC is on the verge of coming out . . . ." WOW! Maybe they saw Brokeback Mountain!?!

Our current government is science-phobic and doesn't really "believe" in facts or common sense. I suggest you stay tuned to The Body and other reputable HIV/AIDS information sites for your HIV information. Tune into the Bush and Cronies' show only for the latest in malapropisms and neologisms! No doubt Dubya gets the gold medal in that competition.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
need ur stamp on wohoo
Next
Test Monitoring

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.