Enrolling women for HIV vaccine trials

I understand the importance of having an HIV vaccine and more so, a cure. However, is it right to carry out trials in developing countries where there is less monitoring and less consequences? The urguement is that the researchers need participants from a high risk group/ community. Are there none of these communities in the western world? How are the researchers planning to handle infections developed from the vaccines? Are such participants preferred because they are disposable? Please correct me if my thoughts are wrong. Dr. Frascino, forgive me for my ignorance but I know you shoot straight so I have confidence in you.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

i'm worried
feeling tired all the time