Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd time pls answer
Feb 21, 2006

On Sept 9th 05 i was with a sex worker. the risk from what i understand was minimal unprotected oral( i was getting) and protected vaginal. I dont no the hiv status of her. At week 9 I had body aches and a nasal drip went to the doctor gave me allegra. Week 10 some tingling in feet and hands never had a fever through this hole prosses. some diareha but sum it up to nerves from reading on the internet week 13 swollen glands in my neck only, very small could be from toching them and a sore throat went back to doc , gave me zithromax 3 day's later sore throat was gone week 16 got a rash on my left leg it itched was red raised dots and about the size of 2 bussiness cards went away and came back weekd 19 still have no fever pls. question 1 can you get an hiv at 16 weeks with no fever.question 2 does any of this sound like hiv. i made a stupit mistake. one i hope i dont have to pay for the rest of my life. i will make a hundrad dollar donation to your charity. pls let me no where to send it.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I agree your HIV risk was minimal at best. Your "symptoms" are not consistent with or worrisome for HIV disease.

Regarding signs and symptoms related to primary HIV infection, fever is very common, occurring in 96% of cases.

As always, if you are worried or feel you have placed yourself at risk for HIV, testing is always an option for you.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Our address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Stay safe. Stay well. (Yes, I do believe you are indeed well.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
need approve for wohoo
Next
fatigue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.