Does Pomegranate juice help fatigue?

Hi Dr. Bob:

I have been HIV+ since 2003 and other than fatigue, I am doing quite well with a CD4 of 788 and undetectable viral load. My question: I have heard that Pomegranate (sp?) Juice helps HIV-related fatigue. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

My thoughts? Hmmm . . . . I think that you may have heard about that potential remedy from the makers of a pomegranate juice distributor. I happen to like pomegranate juice, but its relationship to fatigue, regrowing hair or the induction of multiple orgasms is, shall we say, "unproven and highly unlikely," just to be polite.

Check the archives of this forum for a thorough discussion of the major (and not-so-major) causes and treatments of HIV-related fatigue.

Cheers!

vaccination
how you choose your Docter