Anemia and Erectile Dysfunctio

Can there be any relation between anemia and ED? I have anemia, I also have markedly decreased libido, and erections that are usually not 100% FULL, and in addition, they usually don't last very long. Any possible relation or complication?

Anemia can be associated with decreased sex drive and exercise (as well as "sexercise") intolerance. However, erectile dysfunction (ED), medically speaking, is something different. It's defined as the inability to achieve a woody or maintain your stiffy until you shoot. Another word for ED is impotence.

That said, I should make several obvious points:

1. If you are anemic, you need an evaluation to find out why. Once you know the underlying cause, you should be treated. You can read more about the various causes of HIV-associated anemia and its various treatments, including Procrit, in the archives of this forum.

2. If you are experiencing decreased libido or if your one-eyed monster is not as sturdy or long-lasting as you think it should be (you sex machine, you!), you should have an evaluation to ascertain the potential cause (depression, drug side effects, low testosterone levels, being married to Dick Cheney, whatever) and then begin appropriate treatment.

Hope that helps resolve the limp in your love jones.

Good luck, Loverboy.

REPONDEZ MOI SVP
Immune system