Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

just a WOO HOO!!
Dec 31, 2005

Dr. Bob, First of all, please excuse my english ( it is not my mother language). I just got my 6 months test , negative for HIV, HepB, HepC and Syphilis (VDLR) as a follow up of my 3 months negative ones. Dr Bob, i have one brief question: i read over medical sites such as mediline plus that VDLR is not that definite as other tests for syphilis but my testing site could not perform another test. Keeping in mind that i have two negative VDLRs in three and six months and no syphillis rashes should i rule out 100% syphilis as well? Dr Bob, as far as the HIV testing is concerned, you were again right about that it was not a real need to test again after testing negative 3 months after unprotected oral sex exposure but wanted to really follow my heart. To all you worried wells, listen to Dr. Bob, symptoms do not tell the truth. Testing does if you have placed yourself at risk. So, i will stop spending money, energy and time for a disease i dont have and concentrate on my family, my job (which i almost lost due to the lack of energy and interest all this time i was thinking about hiv) and help with all my powers dr Bobs foundation funding. Dr Bob, just want to let you know, how beautiful job hospitals in Greece do helping hivers and worried wells as well. Even testing is free nowadays and they give free condoms, and counselling when you test to a state hospital. And everyone in medical community here knows and appreciate your brilliant job. You are a real inspiration for the greek medical community. As far as politics are concerned, I think your president should fund such efforts and not spend money wars in countries americans do not know where they are in the map.For Gods Sake! George Bush, please help medical funding. Americans, please vote someone who saves lifes not a serial, mad and stuborn cow boy who cannot tell the difference between guns and toys. Dr Bob, and everyone else to thebody.com thanks for everything. Have a merry, safe and creative Christmas and please think and help all those in real need. Athens Guy Greece

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Athens-Guy,

Congratulations on your negative HIV and STDs tests! WOO-HOO!

Regarding syphilis screening, the VDRL test is fine. Your two negative VDRLs at three and six months are indeed definitive and conclusive. Other syphilis tests, such as an RPR, are not indicated or needed.

Thanks for your kind words and advice to other Worried Wells.

As for Bush, if you were to give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change back!

Happy Holidays, Athens-Guy!

Stay well! Nol!

Dr. Bob

Previous
should i stop taking ecstasy
Next
HI DR BOB just cheaking you are doing well

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.