How can I get better?

How can I improve my health? So very tired, but unable to get a proper sleep. I am 41 years old, HepC+, on Cipramil 20mg/day, and have low blood pressure. I have fainted a bit recently and believe I am also anemic. I have recently commenced taking liquid iron supplements and Vitamin B supplements. My health has affected my life dramatically. I've been off work for 1 month now, and my family life - too tired to do much besides basics. Not to mention my mental state. My doctor is running blood tests presently. What else can I do and what is causing the anemia?

"Believing" that you are anemic and actually being anemic can be two very different things. The first step is to check your hemoglobin level. If it's below 12 g/dL for women (14 g/dL for men), then you are anemic. If anemia is diagnosed, your doctor will then run tests to find out why. For instance, you mention you are hep C+. Treatment of hep C with ribavirin and pegylated interferon often causes anemia. That type of anemia can often be very effectively treated with Procrit, a medication that stimulates the production of additional new red blood cells.

You mention you are "very tired," but "unable to get proper sleep." Why? One potential cause is depression. Depression is often associated with both sleep disturbance and fatigue. You are presently taking Cipramil, which is an antidepressant. It is possible your depression is presently not adequately controlled, resulting in the symptoms you describe.

I'm glad your doctor "is running blood tests." This is the first step in determining what is wrong. I suggest you review the archives of this forum. There you will find considerable information on common (and not-to-common) causes of HIV- (and HCV) related fatigue.

stomach cramps & diarrohea
re: isn't it obvious?