Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

b-12 to much & how to take
Dec 9, 2005

i was watching the 700 club and they said b-12 is excellent for just about everything, i saw the pharmacist at walmart and he said yes, never told me how to take it. i took it for about 2 weeks all the while my tummy is cramping something terrible which made me read the bottle in entirety. i was taking it wrong, it said one tablet daily under the tongue, i was taking it with my other vitamins. now my dr. has sceduled an ultra sound to find out about this lower cramping. could i have caused this and would i have such a side effect with a vitamin.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Wait a minute! Hold the phone! You were actually watching the 700 Club for something other than comic value? Oh my my my. . . I think Pat Robertson must have an extra chromosome or something . . . . He's the wingnut who warned the city of Orlando that it would be hit by "terrorist bombs . . . earthquakes . . . tornados . . . and possibly a meteor" for supporting Gay Pride Month. Now he's ranting on about Dover, PA because they voted out the Faith-Based Intelligent Designers on the school board! And this is the dude you're going to listen to for vitamin advice? Vitamin B-12 is not "excellent for just about everything," but Robertson and his 700 Club is undoubtedly "good for nothing!" Vitamin B-12 supplementation should be used if you have Vitamin B-12 deficiency. My advice:

1. Follow your doctor's advice.

2. Change the TV channel.

Dr. Bob

Previous
isn't it obvious?
Next
Private disability being denied

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.