thank you

ex ww here. read your site religiously, namely you dr. bob because you just seem so authentic, kind and genuine. after almost 7 years of worrying - YES, 7, i finally got tested when my OBGYN urged me to, and i thank god she did. just like most WW's out there, I had so many symptoms. i was convinced I was HIV +. I re-lived every sexual experience over and over again. I had to go on anti-depressants/anxiety meds. my OBGYN pressing me to have a test was like a godsend.....everything came out negative and i am so so happy and relieved. this experience has taught me SO much. mostly, it has taught me that there is still fear out there, still lonliness and shame. I will do my best to spread the lessons that i have learned. Keep up your wonderful, blessed work and thank you for being here.

Reliving sexual experiences over and over again can be fun, if you do it right! However, reliving sexual experiences over and over again, causing needless worry, anxiety, fear, and depression is anything but! Seven years of needless anxiety is a lot, but take heart, seven years is far from record setting in this forum! I'm delighted your fears have been vanquished. Yes, loneliness, fear, and shame associated with this disease are still very much a reality and continue to cause much misery. I'm very pleased you are going to use the knowledge you've gained from your experience to spread truth, hope and kindness.

Stay well.

On Long Term Survivors
isn't it obvious?