Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

On Long Term Survivors
Dec 6, 2005

This isn't a question; but more of a support message foe those long termers. I was diagnosed in 1987, with a T4 cell count of 147. No one knew what the heck viral loads were back then. I was having safer sex after 1982, but probably sero-converted in the '70's. I am 54, live in Washington State, have had ZERO OI's and a viral load now of zip. My T4 absolute is 238. Taking Truvada and Sustiva. I'm healthy as an ox, look great, have a recenly new boyfriend, and I sure as heck don't live my life around my HIV disease. Of course we've all lost so many of our friends, and the depressive state of our current government " regime " can get us down. But I feel that old age or some "normal" event will cause my demise; not HIV. Eat well, don't smoke tobacco, and get your rest, and don't worry about your viral load. ( it would be like worrying about the weather). As Dr.Frascino recommends, have a good HIV support team, but try not to let yourself be your "bad habit" :O). May we all be fortunate in our journey. Bill

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Bill,

Positive since '87, zero OIs, zip viral load, healthy as an ox, looking great and having a new hot boyfriend???? BRAVO!

You appear to be doing much, much better than most of the hapless worried wells who stalk this forum in constant misery.

Stay well, Bill.

Dr. Bob

Previous
follow up, fyi (PROCRIT)
Next
thank you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.