HIV associated with anemia?

I think i may have an HIV infection, It wasnt too long ago that I was at my daughters school helping with crafts, when one of the parents cut himself, i took the exacto knife from him, and in the process cut myself too, now i just had a sore throat with NO fever or any other symptoms (not rare for me since i have had throat infections previously) But my quetion is, i went to the doctor and was told i had anemia ( i was not tester for HIV) is there anyway that i could have been infected? _the parent stated he did not have HIV

The risk of HIV transmission from the incident you describe is so low as to be negligible. However, the only way to be certain would be to have an HIV test three months after the potential exposure.

Regarding anemia, there are many, many causes. Talk to your doctor about what your underlying cause may be. I certainly do not believe it has anything to do with HIV.

Treat or Wait? Confused What To Do?
foundation