WOOO HOOO AND CHALLANGE TO ALL WORRIED WELLS

Today I collected my official pass to the X-Files. For the last three months I was a Worried Well, convinced I had HIV and was wondering when that bastard was going to stop hiding and show itself on a test so I could start the meds. Three months to the day later, negative OraQuick came back in my favor; Im out of the woods.

WOOO HOOOOO!

For the other worried wells out there, here is a quick recount of my story:

In August, had protected sex with a stripper in a backroom in Mexico. Not a Menza-worthy decision, I admit, but I was drunk, and as worried wells go, I was right on par. The next morning, sober, I freak out and immediately start looking for signs of the infection.

About two weeks later, I see the white coating on my tongue. I go to an HIV specialist, one of the best in the city, who tells me my chances of getting the infection from that were nil, but hell test me anyway mostly due to fact that Ive never had a test. He cultures my tongue. The test comes back negative, but the tongue cultures for Candida, aka Thrush. Great. I have it. An early OI detecting infection. The HIV specialist waives it off, gives me the medicine, and sends me on my way.

A month later, during a return check up, the specialist notes OHL. OHL! The one symptom, per the internet, only found in HIV positive males. Holy shit. The specialist is shocked, and orders a viral load test as an attempt to rule out HIV. A week later, viral load comes back negative. No virus down to 50 copies. And that leads us to today, free and clear.

However, my reason for writing this has two purposes: 1. To help all the other worried wells along and do my part. I didnt have every symptom in the book, but I did have the one thats rarely seen outside HIV disease. So if I can have that and be clear, all you with every symptom shouldnt have to be worried. 2. To rally all of you here to get involved with this cause.

Its not enough to come here once, promise to give Dr. Bob some money (though you should), and be off with your day. We have come here because we all thought we were infected. 99% of us come out all right. But if we just pay some money and forget about it, we have lost. Because maybe HIV didnt get you this time, but who can count for the other possible experiences you may have. What if you didnt get it, but down the road your child gets it when theyre of age, or your friend, or another loved one? I dont say this to scare you, but in my opinion, if youre writing to Dr. Bob, then youve now become involved. We have an obligation to join this fight, either through money or activity, and get our government and any private citizen with the means to give us the money or the resources to find a cure.

If every person on this board goes out and does their part to create HIV awareness, works their connections to get the right information out there to protect human beings from this disease, then weve really done something for Dr. Bob and his dedicated work.

If you come out negative, congratulations. If you come out of your window period positive, then turn that into a positive. No ones life is over if they come into contact with this disease. It doesnt mean youre a bad person, or should be ashamed. You did what the rest of us do. But your life can still be full and rewarding. Look at Bob.

So in closing, Im asking all of you worried wells who will soon become X-Files, please dont forget about this experience. Join the fight, get others to join the fight. Through the masses we will create change. But you have to get involved.

Dr. Bob, thank you so much for the time and energy you give to this board. I would love to attend your next concert. Your efforts will not be forgotten.

Best, S.

Hello S,

WOO-HOO! And thank you for your inspiring comments. In the process of surviving, I have learned that my life is most meaningful when I use it to care, teach, help and love. Thank you for your support and for renewing both the promise of hope and compassion.

Woo Hoo and Thank You
Withdrawal before ejaculation