lower cd4 counts, always tired

I've had hiv since 1986 or 1987. I'm have hemophillia, got it though blood transfussion. I've been on alot of meds over the years. seems like my doctor don't want to discuss options with me they just keep me on the same meds. I'm getting very scared that with lower cd4 counts nd sleeping alot, loss of energy, that i'm getting near death, they just don't want to tell me anyhing anymore. What should I do? Find a new doctor? I'm really scared and don't know what to do. please help me. Todd

Hello Todd,

If your HIV specialist is not communicating with you or discussing various treatment options, yes, indeed, it's time to find a more competent and compassionate physician. If you are writing from the U.S., you could try the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site (www.aahivm.org). They have a list of certified HIV specialists listed by locale. I also suggest you review the information about "Finding and Working with a Doctor" at http://www.thebody.com/hivco/finddoct.html.

Regarding HIV-related fatigue, there are many potential causes, ranging form inadequate sleep to anemia. Review this information in the archives of this forum.

Don't be scared. Rather demand and get the competent care you deserve.

I'm here if you need additional help, O.K.? Good luck.

Whoo-Hoo
newly diagnosed and know nothing