Leukopenia, Anemia, and Fatigue

I am a recovering heroin addict (4 1/2 years clean) who had a long history of IV drug use. I am 25 y/o and have been tested yearly since I stopped using in 2001. I have not had a retest in 1 year b/c my primary stated that I cannot contract HIV 4 + years since exposure. I am now having Leukopenia, Anemia, frequent infections, fevers, and fatigue. This has been going on for almost 2 months. Is it possible to have HIV and not have been detected 3 years out from the original exposure?

If I.V. drug use was your only potential HIV exposure (i.e. no unprotected sex, blood transfusions, etc.) and you have repeatedly tested negative out to three years form your last potential exposure, I absolutely agree with your doctor. HIV is not your problem. I can't diagnose the cause of your anemia, leukopenia, fevers, fatigue and frequently infections over the Internet. But I can tell you what's not causing them: It's not HIV. You'll need to work closely with your doctor to track down the true cause. OK?

Thank you
Take your bro