Thank you

Just got in from a day that I've been dreading for close to 3 years and the official word is "woohoo!" I'm ok. I'm negative. It is now time to get on with my life.

I just wanted to thank you for putting up with all the worried-wells out there. I've been obsessively checking this site and reading posts as I gathered the strength to go and get "the test".

I'm in Canada - which means no rapid results... the bloodwork took 2 horrible! weeks to come back - but I'm ok. I should have done this years ago as I've made myself quite ill being frightened of being ill.

This site and your compassion were an important component of what made me finally decide to take the dare and give those scary labs my blood.

It isn't going to kill me. Hopefully, it shan't kill too many of the people who don't have that woohoo moment when they get their results. I hope we all keep working towards keeping this bloody thing in check...so that all of us can woohoo and then exhale (which I've been doing for the last few hours).

Thank you so much for putting up with the complaints and fears of the worried wells. As a (just today!) former worried well, I can say that it is a terrible terrible place to be and it is so wonderful that you listen to us...no matter how annoying we are!

If this gets posted (which I suspect it probably won't as I'm so happy about my results that I'm rambling a bit) I want to say to anybody out there that is scared of the test - get over it and get on with life!

Thank you very much for your help over these last few months.

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Congratulations and WOO-HOO! I'm delighted you are no longer "waiting to exhale!" Welcome to the Ex-Files (Exhaling Ex-Worried Wells).

Stay safe. Stay well. Exhale deeply.

CBC blood work
Leukopenia, Anemia, and Fatigue