Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CBC blood work
Oct 23, 2005

I was given procrit for Iron and Folic acid deficincy according to my doctor who also gave me vitamins. I am now learning this medicine is for people with other problems not this. What is the best way to approach my doctor about this medicine.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Best way to approach him??? Hmmm . . . I'd suggest English. Just make an appointment and talk to the dude. You're paying him for his expertise and service. You don't have to worry about hurting his feelings. He may have a perfectly good reason for recommending Procrit. For instance, you may have more than on condition contributing to your anemia. The treatment for iron and folic acid deficiency is iron and folic acid replacement. Perhaps these are included in the "vitamins" he prescribed. At any rate, the next thing you need to do is talk to your doctor, discuss your concerns and learn a bit more about the treatment he recommended. Who knows? Your discussion may actually teach him a think or two in the process.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob YOUR BACK!!
Next
Thank you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.