CBC blood work

I was given procrit for Iron and Folic acid deficincy according to my doctor who also gave me vitamins. I am now learning this medicine is for people with other problems not this. What is the best way to approach my doctor about this medicine.

Best way to approach him??? Hmmm . . . I'd suggest English. Just make an appointment and talk to the dude. You're paying him for his expertise and service. You don't have to worry about hurting his feelings. He may have a perfectly good reason for recommending Procrit. For instance, you may have more than on condition contributing to your anemia. The treatment for iron and folic acid deficiency is iron and folic acid replacement. Perhaps these are included in the "vitamins" he prescribed. At any rate, the next thing you need to do is talk to your doctor, discuss your concerns and learn a bit more about the treatment he recommended. Who knows? Your discussion may actually teach him a think or two in the process.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob YOUR BACK!!
Thank you