Dr. Bob YOUR BACK!!

hey dr. bob we really missed you while you were gone and hopefully the situation with your brother is good. i have something to ask you if u dont mind sir. i had unprotected sex with a girl who was always coughing 3 months ago. few weeks later i started having this dry cough then a fever, rashes on my chest,diareaha, fatigue,so many symptoms. then i went to the doctor and took an hiv test and it came back negative at 1 month she gave me some antibiotics and an inhaler for the cough. and then i got better. i took an std test and it tested positive for only chancroid. i still once and awhile develop and itcy rash on my chest and get diareaha. i also took a rapid test at 3 months and it also came back negative. my doctors say im fine and stuff but what could it have been? my question to you sir is what would you say about my hiv status? what could the cough have been from,whooped cough maybe or somethin? and what could have i maybe gotten a infection of some sort which is not hiv related? thank you so much dr.bob and i also am starting to look for places to go and help needed to help people with hiv because i know how scary it is and i know i would need the same help and i really do want to help people out because this desease is not talked about enough in our society. ThANkS!

Yep, I'm back. But not for very long. I'll be heading to Buenos Aires in a few weeks.

Regarding my brother, the situation is not "good," but it is indeed somewhat "better" than it was, and for that I'm very thankful!

Regarding your question, it should have been posted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention-Transmission Forum, not this Fatigue/Anemia forum. (I'll remind other readers waiting for a response that this forum is dedicated and limited to folks confirmed to be HIV positive. So if you are not and have a question about possible HIV infection, symptoms, HIV testing, safer sex, transmission, etc., you'll need to post, or re-post, those questions to the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum.

I'll respond very briefly to your question and then refer you to the other forum for additional information or any follow-up concerns, O.K.? I agree with your doctor: HIV is not your problem. Repeatedly testing negative out to three months is definitive. I cannot diagnose the cause of your problems over the Internet, but I can tell you what's not causing them: It's not HIV!

Finally, "whooped cough???" No.

Stay well.

short immunity question
CBC blood work