this will help me soo much if you were to answer it....HIV POSITIVE MAN

i sometimes ask myself what is the point in living when we will only be taking medication every day and wondering when out times up. as an indiviudal urself you say ur hiv positive i am curious to find out how long you have had the virus for and what it is that keeps you motivated knowin you will die shortly?

I've been positive since January 1991. I was infected after sustaining a hollow-bore needlestick and laceration while performing a medical procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS.

Yes, I take medications every day: lots and lots of them 10,950 per year, to be exact. (And that's just my Viagra . . . kidding.) But I certainly don't sit around all day wondering when my time will be up! No, my friend, I'm much, much too busy enjoying every moment I have of this marvelous life. When it's over, it will be over and I'll be on to my next adventure (whatever that will be). I certainly don't plan on dying "shortly." I'll reprint a post form the archives that explains my motivation.

I love your smile. Apr 18, 2005

Hey Doc.

I had a question to ask you about insertive oral but i have read through the archives enough to realize you have said all you need to say about this. Anyway i couldn't help but wonder how you keep such a great disposition on life. I mean come on dude you seem happy and funny all of the time. I think the main thing i have learned from you is that no matter what happens keep on keeping on and dont let life get you down until your 6 feet under.You have changed my perception of role models from athletes to people who have to face maybe the harshest disease ever. I hope you are around for a long time and continue to let that vivid personality of yours shine.PS i am not gay but you are my man. Holler at your boy>

I see no reason to holler. Rather, I'll just give a quote from George Bernard Shaw that reflects my positive attitude on being positively positive.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Stay well.

Fatigue, but labs ok
You are A Hero