out in the open

Hi Doc. I'm a 37 year old male that have recently tested positive for hiv. I was worried at first but I'm not so worried because of good people with good advice like yourself. It was very hard for me to let people know that I was positive. I lost some friends but I've gained others that support me. My question is what to look forward to being positive? MY cd4=609 cd8=692 %cd3 pos.lymph=69.0 %cd4 pos. lymph=31.9 %cd8 pos. lymph=36.4 cd4/cd8 ratio=0.88 hiv 1 rna ultra=4896 thank you

I believe almost all of us who are cohabitating with this unwelcome intruder in our lives have had similar experiences with family, friends and soon-to-be ex-friends when we disclose our HIV-positive status. What I and others have learned is that the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind.

What can you look forward to? I wish I had an infallible crystal ball, but unfortunately I do not. What I can say is that with the help of a "positive" attitude and a compassionate, competent HIV specialist, there is no reason you shouldn't plan on dying of old age! That's my current plan as well. Care to join me in the old folks' home in about 50 years?

Until then, stay well. Remember, I'm here (or in the old folks home) if you need me.

What do u think about this
HIV Result