What do u think about this

My wife is pregnant and is Hiv+. She is on Combivir and Kaletra. She has enjoyed good health and in her fourth month she developed a fever. We went to the hospital and she was found to be suffering from Urinal infection. Later it was treated and discharged. A few days latter the fever came back in full swing. She again went to the hospital and this time round the blood was found to be very low 4.6. The doctor sugggested blood transfusion and we agreed. She was added two pd of blood.

A few days after the transfusion she was dischharged in good condition. Again recently, the fewer came back and within a few minutes it was life threatening, 43 degrees andm i called the ambulance.

This is happening within a span of one month.

Briefly...what do you think the problem is here. If for example, the fever was as a result of Urinal Infection....why is it that it cant be tamed?

Can you please give a personal opinion on why the.

Is my wife resisting for hiv DRUGS OR WHAT?

pLEASE HELP!!!1

Without additional information, I can not offer an opinion on the exact cause of your wife's current problems. There are many possibilities, ranging from unrecognized infection to drug toxicity. I strongly urge you to discuss her problem with her HIV/AIDS specialist and her obstetrician. If her CD4 count is very low, the possibility of an opportunistic infection associated with fevers and anemia (CMV, TB, etc.) should be considered.

Because your wife is on Combivir, the possibility of the AZT component of Combivir contributing to her anemia problem must also be considered.

A routine urinary tract infection would not cause severe anemia.

A thorough evaluation of your wife's current problem is warranted and urgently needed.

Good luck to you both.

So tired
out in the open