I am HIV Posititve and a friend of mine is in the hospital with Pnuemonia. I was wanting to visit him but am afraid it would put me at risk of possible infection. My viral load is 270 and my CD4 is 677. I was diagnosed 6 months ago and have never taken any meds. Any advice?

Some types of pneumonia are more contagious than others; however, considering your high CD4 count, I would not anticipate any problems resulting from your visiting a hospitalized friend being treated for pneumonia. On a related note, I should mention that all HIV-positive folks should receive the pneumococcal vaccine. This vaccination helps protect against the most common type of community acquired pneumonia.

Good luck. Stay well.

vision problems
So tired