Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you for making me realize.
Sep 21, 2005

Hi doc. Just wanted to tell a story that I witnessed the other day. At this time I know what your answer would be to my question. HIV is not your problem work with your doctor to find the real cause of your symptoms because I have had a 3,6 month negative HIV test. Well my new job does not offer insurance for 90 day so I found a free clinic. While I was there it was horrible! sat down next to this older heavy set women and she started a conversation with me, told me she had cancer she was going to die because doctors caught it to late. She explained to me that she does not work and has no insurance. So she was at this clinic to see if she could get some pills to help cope with her pain. At this time I had a million thoughts crossing my mind. First thought WHAT THE HELL! This is America I never new this shit still happened here. Why should this lady have such a hard time getting some pain meds? Then I thought to myself do I really need to be here, my symptoms could be from anxiety and stress. Anyway this women with a real case of cancer needs this way more then me so I walked out. I did not want to waist any unnecessary recourses that most likely I dont need. HMMMM I wonder if bush hadnt had an unnecessary war could this lady have been treated in a different way? When I opened that door to that clinic, I opened a door to reality. Donation on payday Doc.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your story. The Katrina catastrophe was a similar reality wake-up call for many watching the tragedy and its aftermath unfold on TV. "WHAT THE HELL! This is America. I never knew this shit still happened here." Indeed!!!

There are presently 40 million uninsured Americans! Yes, Dubya's misguided, unjustified war against Iraq has made a dreadful situation even worse. The shameful tragedy is that even without the war, the unfortunate woman suffering from cancer would not have received her pain meds. Dubya and his cronies, as painfully demonstrated in Louisiana, just don't feel the pain of the have-nots.

Thank you for your post, your generosity and your compassion.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PEP drugs
Next
Dont you think you need a break?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.