Hep A and B Vaccination

Hi Doctor Bob. I had a high risk sex about 11 years ago. A year after I had a hiv test and all was well :) However 11 yeas later I now have many symptoms of hiv. Over a year ago I went back to my Doctor who gave me two more hiv tests and I have since had one three weeks ago...all were negative. Could my Hep A and B vaccinations cause a false negative. I had the shots over a year ago. Thanks very much.

You're fretting about a nookie that took place 11 years ago for which you had negative HIV tests one year later plus two negative HIV tests last year plus a fourth negative HIV test three weeks ago???? WOWZA! That must have been one memorable shag!

Could hepatitis A and B vaccinations cause false-negative HIV tests? No. By the way, the answer to this question was already waiting for you in the archives! And also, please note this forum is dedicated to folks who are confirmed to be HIV positive. Questions related to transmission, prevention and testing should be sent to the Safer Sex, HIV Prevention/Transmission Forum, O.K.?

Stop worrying about an illness you could not possibly have, O.K.?

I'm PISSED OFF with Bush
male- hemoglobin-12.6