Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Never find a cure?
Aug 30, 2005

Hey Doc,

I guess I am asking you this questions, because as you already have heard, you seem to be a lot of people's hero. You are at least mine, not to mention the fact that I recently found out of you hiv status.

Anyway, my question to you is regarding a cure for HIV/AIDS. Nowadays, it seems that money talks, and everything else doesnt matter. In that respect, why would you think that a pharma company would/would not find a cure for AIDS? I mean what is their incentive? To lose millions of dollars that they generate from us folks who have to keep on taking this very expensive medicine to live? WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO MAKE A CURE AT ALL?

Its upsetting to me, because I was just recently diagnosed myself, and I try to tell myself that maybe there is hope, maybe they will find a cure. But my logical side says the opposite.

What are your thoughts on this? I go to sleep every night scared because I am scared of dying now that I have this. Please respond, as honestly as possible. I appreciate all you do for us Doc.

NEw York Guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello New York Guy,

With over 43,000,000 presently infected, I can assure you any company that finds a cure won't have to worry about its company stock price ever again. I do not believe there is a conspiracy to avoid finding a cure, but I do think we get what we demand. Consequently, I think we all need to demand a cure. If a small fraction of the money Bush has wasted on war was spent on HIV/AIDS and/or cancer, we may have already had a cure or at least been much closer than we are today.

Don't be frightened. Get informed and get involved. Demand a cure. You can read my comments about finding a cure in the archives.

Don't fear dying of AIDS, but rather focus on living with it. It's worked for me for the past 15 years!

Let's get through this together, O.K.?

Dr. Bob

Previous
can my wife be safe
Next
My Anus Muscle

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.