Comining two-daily neviripine doses

My close friend is on 200mg of Neviripine and 300mg of Combivire, both twice daily, together.

However, he's suffering from severe disorientation and fatigue for up to 4 hrs after his morning dosage.

His MD has recommended that he combine his Neviripine into one dose of 400mg, to be taken at night, and leave the Combivir as is.

Do you feel this would be wise?

With many thanks for your help, r

The pharmacokinetic properties of nevirapine do support once-daily dosing (400 mg. once per day). However, it is my understanding that this does lead to higher peak drug concentration levels in the blood and has been associated with increased risk for hepatotoxicity (liver problems).

Is your friend under the care of an HIV specialist? If not, he should be. "Disorientation and fatigue" could be related to his current medications or a number of other problems. A thorough evaluation by his HIV specialist is warranted.

Good luck to you both.

Is it my meds?
what next?