DVT prophylaxis

Perhaps I am wrong, but I assume I am at an increased risk of DVT (and God forbid PE) as a result of the great amount of time that I spend in bed. This is HIV/fatigue related, btw, because I spend so much time in bed as a result of fatigue.

To be honest, I can't blame it ALL on hiv/fatigue -- having bought a laptop computer and moving the t.v. into my bedroom hasn't helped, it's just so convenient to spend most of my waking hours (in addition to sleeping hours, of course) in bed.

Although I plan and hope to become more active, I am wondering if I am in fact at increased risk of DVT/PE and whether or not I should be on some form of prophylaxis: Would a daily dose of aspirin be beneficial?

A daily dose of aspirin (81 mg) certainly won't hurt, but a daily dose of exercise is what you really need. Read through the archives of this forum and review the common causes of HIV-related fatigue. Discuss these in detail with your HIV specialist. Move the laptop and TV out of the bedroom. Don't "plan and hope to become more active;" just do it! Now turn the computer off and get moving before your "I'm getting as big as a house" becomes "I'm getting as big as a multiple family dwelling."

Not Stupid, Am Scared
Please tell us what you know about Mycobactium Gordonia