67 with AIDS & problems

HI Dr.Bob, I've talked with you before & you gave me very good advice,so here goes. I'm 67, have had AIDS for 18 yrs, and sometimes things don't always work, like an erection? I was with my lover for 28 yrs and he died 7 yrs ago. So when I get lucky, I use Virgia & a cock-ring. Last saturday it happened and for about 3 hrs, & when I got home my genitals & pubic hair area were all swollen, real bad. I didn't worry because that's happened many times before & it's gone in the morning. Here it's 3 1/2 days later & it's not gone, & a fever from 100.2 to 101.8, off & on & pain. I'm taken Bactrim & have also tried ICE PACK! Have u ever heard of someone else with this condition? WHAT'S HAPPENING & WHAT CAN I DO? Thank you for listening.

Welcome back to the forum!

You use "virgia and a cockring" when you get lucky??? Hmmm . . . what's "virgia?" Does it only work if you're shagging to Madonna's "Like a Virgin" extended-play dance remix? And as for cock rings and Viagra making your genitals get "all swollen," isn't that the point???? Oh well, as Gilda Radner's Emily Latilla would say on Saturday Night Live "never mind!"

You are correct: swelling, fever and pain persisting for 3 days is worrisome. Perhaps your three-hour sex-capade was a bit overly aggressive. Getting lucky is one thing, but pounding the entire Rugby team halfway to heaven and back again may be a bit excessive. There are several potential causes for your symptoms. Rather than discussing each in detail, I would suggest you see your HIV specialist for an evaluation and treatment without delay. OK?

Good luck and do recheck your Viagra dosage!

my dad is a doc so i can't go to a doc:(
I LOVE YOU DR. FRASCINO!