just an update!

Howdy Dr. Bob! You have recently given be guidance regarding anemia and life in general, so I thought I would give you an update on what is happening with me. First, I have found a Doc here in South Texas that has been treating HIV since it hit here. He is a respitory and infectous disease specailist and was the ONLY doctor that would treat HIV patients in the area for a long time. I really like him. He believes the anemia has been caused by an infection of some sort and we are doing all sorts of tests to determine what that might be. (another bone marrow biopsy is on the books, whoopie!) Anyway... I have also made the choice return to school full time and finish my bachelor's degree and leave my job where the demon supervisor was making life miserable for me. I have great family support (emotionally and financially) and all things seem to be looking up. I just decided to hell with it! I am going to make choices based on being alive for the next 30 years and stop living like I am dying. Thank you for listening and thank you for what you do. I know there are a lot of people who feel as isolated as I have and your words seem to make the world a little less frightening. I will keep you posted on results and such. Thank you for helping me realize that there is life after HIV.

YOU ROCK! JME

Hey JME,

Yes, there is life after HIV. In fact, be it HIV, cancer or even a 2nd term for Dubya, I firmly believe "every day above ground is a good day!"

Good luck!

Going To The Hospital
im running on low