Going To The Hospital

Dr Frasino: LOve you responses and wit. Makes a big difference. Perhaps you might want to share this experience I had when recently being admitted to the Hospital.

I was recently admitted to the hospital via the Emergency room due to a nasty viral infection that fairly laid me out - i had hoped to go there get antibiotics and leave - I stayed for 21/2 days.

What was most disturbing was that the hospital was unable to give me the medications that I regularly take for HIV. In one case they substituted one anti-depressive for another. In another case I had to instruct them how to mix FUZEON.

The hospital claimed that they would stick to my regimen - they did not - it was whenever pharmacy decided to send up the meds or when they remembered.

Big suggestion here friends - make up an EMERGENCY MEDS and Supplies kit - enough for a week. Take this supply bag with you or have someone bring it over for you.

Keep Healthy and listen to the Doc!

Best

Jon

Hi Jon,

"Keep Healthy and listen to the Doc!" Great advice, Jon!

Your hospital story is indeed disturbing. Who was taking care of you? Nurse Ratchet??? I suggest you file a complaint with the hospital and send a copy to your HIV specialist and local newspaper.

Stay well, Jon!

Crypto or Giardia
just an update!