Sculptra or Fat Transplant

I have a light form of lipoatrophy in my face and i am thinking about 'filling it up'. Is it better to go with Sculptra or with Fat transplant?

Fat transfer is expensive and problematic. Many pozitoids don't have excess fat elsewhere to transfer, and if the pathologic process that led to the fat loss initially is still ongoing, the transferred fat can be rapidly lost. Cosmetically, lumpiness may be a problem.

There are a variety of other biodegradable (temporary) or nonbiodegradable (permanent) fillers available. Sculptra (polylactic acid) is an injectable bioabsorbable material that has been approved in both Europe and the U.S. It stimulates the production of new collagen, leading to thicker but natural-feeling skin. I have seen excellent results with this product, including my own! Check the archives for additional information on this and other facial fillers.

Good luck!

hiv
HIV and Nutrition