Hi from Moscow, Russia!!! Extremely Fatigued!

Hi, Dr. Bob! I am almost sure you will not answer me, because you think I am paranoiac or crazy. I have written you many times, but no answer. My story is a standard one, but anyway I would to ask you to read it. I had unprotected vaginal sex. A month later I started to have terrible symptoms, which lasted till now partially. Yes, I did have NEGATIVE elisa test on 97th day after infection. After that I decided that all my symptoms would disappear and I would forget about it. But they did not disappear. Six month later I came to my doctor, showed to her my 3-month negative test and asked her whats wrong with me? I was really sick at that time, so my doctor was frightened, because she could not explain what was being happened with me. She found lymph nodes under my armpits, on the neck and other parts and diagnosed many other things, like signs of pneumonia for example, but she did not find the root cause. So one day she called me on my mobile and said that she prepared for me the list of tests I should take and left it for me in the laboratory. When I came there, among others there was HIV test, I refused to take it, but passed many other test. The tests were OK. I was so tired everyday, that my boss thought that my previous position was not interesting for me and gave me new great position, I always would like to have. It was my dream. I was so glad, that for a few days I started to feel a little better. But then again.. Joint pains started from ankles and then raised to the elbows and other joints, they hurt even between fingers on the hands, but especially ankles, like at the time of the onset of symptoms. The fever. And the fatigue came again. My job is very intellectual, by I am so slow and tired. I have problem also with my stomach and redness of eyes. It is not joke, but in order to take a rest, I go to the toilet and take a nap there Because my eyes hurts, sometimes I cant even see my colleagues. I was reaching that position for 5 years, but when I get it, I cannot do it. Super!!! I have no girlfriend, because I am tired and sex is not longer interesting for me. And I am alone. I cannot go even to the doctor, because she asks to retest HIV. But if it is HIV, then I will loose my job. I think if I do not find the reason and will not fight it, I will loose it anyway. Loop. I do not know what to do. I started to look for a reason my self, passed EBV, CD4, CD8 tests and paid to another doctor. The doctor said that it didnt look like EBV, though my EA and EBNA antibodies were above normal. CD4 = 770, 43%, CD4/CD8 = 2.8, it looks good, but all IgM, IgG, IgA are all below low level!!! The doctor said that it could be also normal, but it more looks like that my immune system is tired because of something. The doctor is not going to correct those Ig levels, because she would like to know the reason before giving the cure, and again the HIV test is required Oh, God. OK. I thought I could deal with positive status, but this terrible fatigue, joint pains, stomach problems (it is enough for me to eat just a little peace that my stomach like getting blown and a lot of gases) and many other symptoms stop my life. The life is the fight between my mind and the own body now. But I am only 26 years old. I have been sick for a year already. I want to be like I was before healthy and lucky. Dear Dr. Bob, just write me something. Ok, it is possible that I am not HIV infected, that I have for example unusual form of chronic EBV infection. But I am really fatigued and understand many others in this section. God helps us!!!! Sorry for my English. Good luck to everyone!!!

What makes you think I would not answer you just because you are "paranoiac?" Just take a read through the archives. You'll find lots of company!

A negative ELISA test at 97 days after exposure (not "infection" as you wrote in your question, by the way) is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. You are HIV negative. I just can't put it any simpler than that.

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you what's definitely not causing them. It's not HIV. So why all this nonsense about "I cannot go even to the doctor, because she asks to retest HIV?" Even if you do retest, which I personally don't feel is necessary, the result would again be negative. The vast majority of your symptoms can be explained by anxiety and stress.

Your immune system is not "tired." By the way, if you had HIV, your immunoglobulin levels would most likely be elevated, not depressed. So I don't believe your immune system is depressed. But you certainly are! And I encourage you to get an evaluation and and treatment for depression as the first step in regaining your health both mental and physical. Napping in the loo is not the solution to this problem! Get the help you need. Stop running from and worrying about an illness you do not have!

post-ejaculation fatigue
Night Sweats