Jul 8, 2005
Dr. Frascino, I am a 50 year old male, positive, officially, for 18 years, but probably longer. I have responded well to drug therapies (mostly HAART) and have had zero viral loads and T4 counts in the 800s for years. I exercise regularly and have mostly perfect lab results (done 4 - 5 times a year--even got my lipid profile down to normal by diet). I have LOTS of sexual desire, but unfortunately have a problem with severe post-ejaculation fatigue and insomnia. It really ruins a good night sleep and limits the spontanaity of sex for me. I have an excellant Dr. in Miami that I trust implicitly, but he claims to have never heard of this problem in other patients and has no ideas as to why I get so completely drained after ejaculation.Even after 8 hours sleep, I wake up exhausted and my eyeballs ache all day. I used to think that maybe it was a protein drain, and sometimes drink alot of milk before bed, but it only partially works. Can you help me, PLEASE?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You feel completely drained after popping your cork and wake up the next day with achy eyeballs and feeling exhausted??? Hmmm . . . now dude, I've got to ask a few questions:
1. Have you checked the dose of your Viagra?
2. Do your pre- and post-ejaculatory activities involve the entire cheerleading squad? A trapeze? A large mean-looking woman, dressed in tight leather, fishnets and stilettos, with a whip? Plug-in electrical devices? Farm animals? All of the above???
Actually, I'm a bit confused by your question. You ask about "severe post-ejaculation fatigue and insomnia" and then complain about being exhausted after eight hours of sleep. At any rate, this does not sound like a "protein drain" problem even if you are shooting bigger more forceful loads than the Old Faithful geyser--nor will bedtime milkshakes help. Perhaps you could write back with a few more details and send a videotape. (Hey, it worked well for Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton.)
Sorry, Dude, without more information, I really don't have a specific recommendation for you.
HIV and Heart Disease
Hi from Moscow, Russia!!! Extremely Fatigued!
- Is Headache A Sign Of HIV?
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.