post-ejaculation fatigue

Dr. Frascino, I am a 50 year old male, positive, officially, for 18 years, but probably longer. I have responded well to drug therapies (mostly HAART) and have had zero viral loads and T4 counts in the 800s for years. I exercise regularly and have mostly perfect lab results (done 4 - 5 times a year--even got my lipid profile down to normal by diet). I have LOTS of sexual desire, but unfortunately have a problem with severe post-ejaculation fatigue and insomnia. It really ruins a good night sleep and limits the spontanaity of sex for me. I have an excellant Dr. in Miami that I trust implicitly, but he claims to have never heard of this problem in other patients and has no ideas as to why I get so completely drained after ejaculation.Even after 8 hours sleep, I wake up exhausted and my eyeballs ache all day. I used to think that maybe it was a protein drain, and sometimes drink alot of milk before bed, but it only partially works. Can you help me, PLEASE?

You feel completely drained after popping your cork and wake up the next day with achy eyeballs and feeling exhausted??? Hmmm . . . now dude, I've got to ask a few questions:

1. Have you checked the dose of your Viagra?

2. Do your pre- and post-ejaculatory activities involve the entire cheerleading squad? A trapeze? A large mean-looking woman, dressed in tight leather, fishnets and stilettos, with a whip? Plug-in electrical devices? Farm animals? All of the above???

Actually, I'm a bit confused by your question. You ask about "severe post-ejaculation fatigue and insomnia" and then complain about being exhausted after eight hours of sleep. At any rate, this does not sound like a "protein drain" problem even if you are shooting bigger more forceful loads than the Old Faithful geyser--nor will bedtime milkshakes help. Perhaps you could write back with a few more details and send a videotape. (Hey, it worked well for Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton.)

Sorry, Dude, without more information, I really don't have a specific recommendation for you.

HIV and Heart Disease
Hi from Moscow, Russia!!! Extremely Fatigued!