Oral sex-pep-urgent

Dear DrBob, Sorry -can't seem to find the right link for oral sex questions. I performed fellatio with deep throating on a guy yesterday. He didn't cum in my mouth and I didn't taste any pre-cum. I stopped after about 2 mins and used a mouthwash. I then realized i had a canker sore (ulcer) at the back of my mouth. i have very strong grounds for believing the guy is HIV+ and actually has AIDS. I have another 24 hours in which to decide on PEP and would be very grateful for your urgent advice. Many thanks Jon

Hey Jon,

Oral sex, as well as questions about PEP, should be posted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. Consequently, I'll answer only briefly and refer you to that forum for additional information, OK?

Oral sex, even with a canker sore, carries only a low risk for HIV transmission. PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is recommended primarily only for significant HIV exposures. Two minutes of Linda Lovelacing a dude whose HIV status is unknown (although suspected of being poz) generally would not lead to a recommendation for PEP.

Hope that helps. Good luck, Jon.

Procrit and Jim, Johnny, and Jack
Still Tired