Football games, concerts, etc.

I've been reading here for a couple years but never added anything. There are times we all get caught up in blaming the powers to be for not allocating money for certain causes. If we stop to realize what people spend on a football game, or concert, or any other event, and had the same zeal for a cause, the outcome would be dramatic. What, if instead of getting excited over race day, or superbowl Sunday, we got excited over HIV day and everyone would fight and stand in lines for days waiting to get tickets. Don't get me wrong, I believe all things created are good. We just need the same zeal for taking care of our fellow man(woman). I am currently fighting my demons of a couple acts from ten years ago. I am under treatment for OC disorder and am constantly worried if I am infected (protected with sexworker and protected oral)even though I know protected means protected. The guilt of those acts is something I can't get over. May God bless you for your work, it humbles me when I think about what you are doing and your contribution to the human race.

Worry Wort

Hi Mr. Wort,

I wouldn't hold my breath, waiting for everyone to get excited and motivated to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic together. Public interest appears to be going in the diametrically opposite direction. AIDS apathy is reaching epidemic proportions here in the U.S. despite the fact the worldwide devastation of the AIDS pandemic is like a never-ending tsunami. Imagine that the tsunami that hit Southeast Asia in December was not a wall of water, but rather torrents of vicious viruses armed with fangs injecting deadly venom into the blood of all the humans it touched. And then imagine the terrible toll of the dead and dying to be over ten times the 300,000 reported. And the humans hit by this wave of disease and destruction were not limited to the beaches of the Indian Ocean, but rather scattered across the globe.

Governments and individuals responded generously in the aftermath of the tsunami, pledging nearly six billion dollars within the first few weeks. This amount equals what the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS has raised over three long years!

For now, my friend, I suggest the best course of action is not to wait, but rather for each of us to mobilize our individual resources and energies immediately to push back the wave of devastation that is HIV/AIDS.

Don't Freak Out!!
Symptom