Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sculptra!!
May 15, 2005

Dear Dr. Frascino, I'm suffering from Parry Romberg Syndrom, a disease which is wastin away the fat in my face. Recently I heard about Sculptra, a new product which should be able to help patients with facial fat loss. During my internet searches I found your answer regarding the use of Sculptra. Now my questions and I hope you can help me. Do you know if Sculptra can already be used in patients with Romberg? Because I live in Germany I'm desperately looking for an doctor who is experienced in using this product. You would help me very much if you could mail me the address of experienced plastic surgeons, they could also live in the US. I would be very grateful for any help, because, my normal life is vanishing more and more and I have no idea what to do against this. Best wishes, Simone

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Simone,

Unfortunately, I have very little information about Parry-Romberg Syndrome and potential treatment options in Germany. My understanding is that Parry-Romberg Syndrome is quite rare and is characterized by slowly progressive deterioration (atrophy) of the skin and soft tissues of half the face. We call this "hemi-facial atrophy." It usually involves the left side and occurs more often in females than males. A variety of reconstructive techniques have been tried to cosmetically repair the wasted tissues. I do not know if Sculptra has been tried specifically for this condition.

Sculptra/New-Fill in Germany is approved for increasing the volume of depressed areas, such as skin creases, wrinkles, folds, scars, etc. it is also suitable for larger-volume corrections of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy). I suggest you contact the Sculptra/New Fill distributor in Germany for additional information and to locate a physician in your area skilled at using the product. The distributor information is:

Aventis Pharma Deutschland GMBH Asthetische Medizin Konigssteiner Str. 10 D 65812 Bad Soden Tel: 4969 305 7221 Fax: 4969 305 28476

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
What happened to my mojo?
Next
Recently Fatigued and Bothered By It!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.