What happened to my mojo?

I was recently diagnosed in October 2004. Although my counts have been great, I have noticed a significant decrease in my libido. I am not on medication for my HIV as I lead a healthy lifestyle (no unprotected sex, eat very well, lots of exercise) Upon my last visit to my specialist, we talked about testosterone replacement therapy of some sort. I did some research about testosterone and found that some of the therapy (i.e. patches, pills, injections)can affect my liver. I am being treated for a bi-polar disorder with 1200mg of Depakote every day. The question is this: Is it possible to have this therapy over and above what I am currently taking or will this just create a higher risk of liver problems?

If I lost my mojo, I'd be depressed, too!

If you are hypogonadal (have low blood testosterone levels), replacement therapy is warranted. Almost all medications can have side effects; however, the benefits in this case would far outweigh any risks. Your problem is not hard (so to speak) to solve. Testosterone supplementation can be used while on Depakote. I would suggest you use the topical gel preparation, rather than patches, pills or injections.

Hope your lost mojo is soon found and that Mr. Happy will once again rise to the occasion.

Get Tested for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Sculptra!!