Get Tested for Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Thanks for having such a wonderful website- you guys do a super job! I have been a loyal reader since the mid '90s.

Info to share on fatigue:

one topic that hasnt been raised too much is that of OSA or Obstructive Sleep Apnea...for years my doc and I couldnt find the reason for the severe fatigue 24/7 After doing a sleep lab test (your PCP refers you to an ENT doc...who then orders the test) I was found to have 54 occurences per hour which is in the life-threatening range...I have been on a CPAP breathing machine the past 4 months and am feeling better than I have in years!

Please pass this along if you see fit...

God Bess! Jerry L. Dallas TX

Hi Jerry,

Hopefully your post will help fill any gaps in our coverage of potential causes of fatigue. I do often advise exhausted questioners to make sure they are getting adequate rest, sleep, nutrition and exercise. However, it is true some folks have no idea they have sleep apnea. Daytime hypersomnolence (drowsiness) and restless sleep are often clues this may be a problem.

At any rate, your post is the second within the past week that has mentioned sleep apnea. Glad to hear CPAP is working well for you! Pleasant dreams!

Possible treatment
What happened to my mojo?