Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Tested for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
May 14, 2005

Thanks for having such a wonderful website- you guys do a super job! I have been a loyal reader since the mid '90s.

Info to share on fatigue:

one topic that hasnt been raised too much is that of OSA or Obstructive Sleep Apnea...for years my doc and I couldnt find the reason for the severe fatigue 24/7 After doing a sleep lab test (your PCP refers you to an ENT doc...who then orders the test) I was found to have 54 occurences per hour which is in the life-threatening range...I have been on a CPAP breathing machine the past 4 months and am feeling better than I have in years!

Please pass this along if you see fit...

God Bess! Jerry L. Dallas TX

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Jerry,

Hopefully your post will help fill any gaps in our coverage of potential causes of fatigue. I do often advise exhausted questioners to make sure they are getting adequate rest, sleep, nutrition and exercise. However, it is true some folks have no idea they have sleep apnea. Daytime hypersomnolence (drowsiness) and restless sleep are often clues this may be a problem.

At any rate, your post is the second within the past week that has mentioned sleep apnea. Glad to hear CPAP is working well for you! Pleasant dreams!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Possible treatment
Next
What happened to my mojo?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.