Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I was a virgin
May 9, 2005

Doc, I was a virgin and had my first sextual experience. I would appreicte your help and advice. Around july 15,2004 I started dating a new girlfriend. I have never had unprotected sex and last time she had was July12,2005. We went and got tested 1 month later with HIV1 Elisa test and it was negative so we engaed in oral sex without protection. We took a 3 month test around October 20, 2004 and it was HIV 1 Elisa and it was negative so we had unprotected vaginal sex. about 3 weeks later I started having many weird symtoms ie. flu like, fever, swollen glands neck, armpit and groin, rash on chest, white tongue and roof of mouth white, tired leg muscles, fatigue. She has had border line Pnemonia 3 times in 5 months and a constant dry cough for 5 months, nasal drip on and off for months, palms of hands got wrinkly and white. Please review our testing and see if it could be hiv infection. Her unprotected sex july 12,2004 1 month later- elisa hiv 1 3 months later-elisa hiv 1 4.5 months later- elisa hiv 1 5.5 months later-elisa hiv 1 6 months later-rapid test for hiv 1 6.5 months later-rapid test 7 monts later- PCR DNA test 7.5 months later-elisa test hiv1 9 months later on April 9, 2005- Elisa test hiv 1&2 I have tested with her everytime and all test are negative. Please tell me if this rules out hiv infection

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Well let's see, how can I put this? Umm . . . perhaps an analogy will help. You know how you can kill a fly by gently tapping it with a fly swatter, right? And you can also kill the same fly by squashing it to smithereens with a jackhammer, right? Either way the fly is dead, right? Well, you ruled out HIV the "jackhammer" way. A single three-month ELISA would have done the same thing. Either way, the fly is dead and you are HIV-negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I'm losin it......Please help....2 attemp
Next
HOMOPHOBIC TURNED OPEN MINDED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.