|What is free testosterone
Apr 19, 2005
Hi Dr. Bob, I just read you response to a question from April 17th about testosterone. You mentioned that though the person's testosterone is in the normal range, it would be good to check the free testosterone. What is free testosterone, and how do you get it checked. John
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Total testosterone" is a measure of all the testosterone hormone in your body. However, some of it gloms onto proteins and is therefore not "free" to do all the wonderful things testosterone can do! "Free testosterone", the active component, is measured with a blood test just like total testosterone.
Terrified, but Brave Part 2
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.