Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Believe in Bob!
Apr 17, 2005

Bob --

A little background on me. I am a 34-year old Ivy League grad that has always been in perfect health. I have run 10+ marathons, and try to eat well.

I have just concluded one of the worst years of my life. After alcohol-induced intercourse in Las Vegas last year, I have physically never felt the same. Symptoms have included: painful & painless swollen lymph nodes everywhere (elbows, groin, armpit, neck), horrible sinus drainage and headaches, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, eye floaters, prostatitis, elevated liver enzymes, flaky skin, IBS, kidney pains, sleep disturbances, chills, GERD, night sweats, and others.

I was tested for all STDs and more common causes, Strep, etc..I even had CT scans, ultrasounds to find a cause. All negative.

I was tested for HIV and Hep C antibodies at 3,6,9 & now 12 months. At 12 months, I also had HIV and Hep C PCR tests. All negative.

So, why am I writing all of this.....to thank you. I still do not feel 100%, but I am moving on with my life. I have dropped all irrational fears that I was the 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000 person who did not seroconvert within the normal probability curve. I believe that I would have recovered earlier from whatever illness I had if I could have made this decision a lot earlier. All along I relied on your wisdom and the experiences of my fellow posters to your site. You will never truly know how many people that you actually help. I hope that others can learn something from my experience, and trust the tests, and move on from your mistakes.

Bob - I donated to your foundation, and have added you to my annual list of worthy causes. It would be my pleasure to help you fight the good fight.

Best of Luck!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

WOO-HOO! And congratulations!

Welcome to the X-Files (X-Worried Wells). Thank you for your donation.

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
AIDS is not a gay disease!(BUSH SUCKS!)
Next
Anemia, bone marrow

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.