Believe in Bob!

Bob --

A little background on me. I am a 34-year old Ivy League grad that has always been in perfect health. I have run 10+ marathons, and try to eat well.

I have just concluded one of the worst years of my life. After alcohol-induced intercourse in Las Vegas last year, I have physically never felt the same. Symptoms have included: painful & painless swollen lymph nodes everywhere (elbows, groin, armpit, neck), horrible sinus drainage and headaches, seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, eye floaters, prostatitis, elevated liver enzymes, flaky skin, IBS, kidney pains, sleep disturbances, chills, GERD, night sweats, and others.

I was tested for all STDs and more common causes, Strep, etc..I even had CT scans, ultrasounds to find a cause. All negative.

I was tested for HIV and Hep C antibodies at 3,6,9 & now 12 months. At 12 months, I also had HIV and Hep C PCR tests. All negative.

So, why am I writing all of this.....to thank you. I still do not feel 100%, but I am moving on with my life. I have dropped all irrational fears that I was the 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000 person who did not seroconvert within the normal probability curve. I believe that I would have recovered earlier from whatever illness I had if I could have made this decision a lot earlier. All along I relied on your wisdom and the experiences of my fellow posters to your site. You will never truly know how many people that you actually help. I hope that others can learn something from my experience, and trust the tests, and move on from your mistakes.

Bob - I donated to your foundation, and have added you to my annual list of worthy causes. It would be my pleasure to help you fight the good fight.

Best of Luck!

WOO-HOO! And congratulations!

Welcome to the X-Files (X-Worried Wells). Thank you for your donation.

Stay well!

AIDS is not a gay disease!(BUSH SUCKS!)
Anemia, bone marrow