The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Reddened Skin
Apr 2, 2005

I appreciate you taking the time to answer all of these as well as mine. My question is that whenever i get out of the shower for that last 4 years i always have red spots on my upper arms, top of back, and redness and blotchiness on upper cheeks and forehead. However, this only happens when its cold out. More recently, whenever i get warm and begin to perspire, my face gets real blotchy with redness and its embarrissing. I have also had MC (3 years ago), have white coating coating on tongue with little bumps on back middle (only brush teeth in morning), and recently had hives (thats what i thought they were) for 1 1/2 weeks (forehead, palms, soles, elbows, knees, sides). I've been with the same woman for 5 years now and she just told me she had unprotected sex 1 month before we started dating. She had an STD test done, but with a swab and not a blood test, would this detect HIV? I gave a donation so please, please respond to all the concerns i've listed. Thanks for everything you do!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Questions regarding possible infection need to be posted to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, not this forum, which is dedicated to HIV-related fatigue and anemia. So I'll answer only very briefly and post the response in the "proper" forum as well. OK?

Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV. A variety of STD tests can be done with a swab, including HIV testing; however, I have no idea which tests your wife actually had performed.

Thanks for your donation.

Dr. Bob

hiv question

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint