Numbness in arms and hands

I have been diagnosed with HIV for one year and not on meds yet. Lately, I have been experienceing numbness in my arms and hands. It is to the point that I wake up nightly. My hands hurt during the day. Do yo think this is HIV related or something else?

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose your problem over the Internet. I suggest you discuss the problem with your HIV specialist. He will need to review your history, examine you, access your lab work and, if necessary, perform additional tests. If he is unable to identify the cause of your discomfort, he may have you see an HIV-knowledgeable neurologist for additional evaluation.

Good luck!

High hemoglobin and hemocrit values
Procrit and what are you wearing?