Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question and Thank you for the "Thank you letter"
Mar 9, 2005

Hi Dr. Frascino

Fist of all: Thank you for the kind "thank you"-letter for the donation. Maybe this 120 bucks can help at least a little bit. I will do this again after some time. Unforutantly the Concert mentioned in this letter is already history, I would have liked to attend.

Now to my question: I've had an unprotected sexual encounter (high risk)beginning of last november and did a series of testing (Everytime HIV 1/2 p24). starting at 1 1/2 week, then 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 9 week, 11 weeks, 12 weeks and 14 weeks and 5 days.

I know this is a "little bit" on the excessive side.

I've had all the Symptoms including swollen glands (qualified by a GP). Some of the Symptoms disapeared but the sore tongue (sometimes more white sometimes less) the frequent herpesourbreak and some really disturbing muscle twitches and spasms(noticeable if I watch my legs) are still present. Also I am still very tired most of the time.

This Symptoms really are not in my imagination cause I see the Herpes and I see the Muscle twitches.

What to do you think, do I need to test again after 6 months?

Hope you can answer this it would mean a lot to me!!

Best regards

stillworried

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Still Worried,

No, I do not believe additional HIV testing is warranted or necessary. In fact, I agree that what you've had so far is already excessive.

Herpes means you have herpes, not HIV! Muscle twitches are not related to HIV seroconversion.

I suggest you stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have. Consider counseling if you cannot accept the wonderful news of your HIV-negative status.

You're welcome for the thank-you letter. Your generous gift is warmly appreciated and urgently needed. Please accept my heartfelt appreciation on behalf of those who will be touched by your compassion.

Regarding the concert, yes, the newsletter focuses on our Dec. 2004 event, which is now history. However, our next event is just around the corner on April 24, 2005 at Le Petit Trianon Theatre in San Jose, Calif. It will be a pianomania event with yours truly as one of the maniacs at the piano. You can contact the Foundation if you would like to receive an invitation to the event.

Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing. I, on the other hand, need to start worrying about what to play for this quickly approaching concert!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV from vibrating dildo?
Next
lambskin condom dilemma

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.