Insertive risk of transmission

My partner of 26 years and I have an open arrangement. He does not like condoms, so rarely has anal sex with other men. However, he said that statistics confirm no risk of transmission to the inserter from the receiver. I want an unbiased opinion (supported with research) to confirm or deny this statement. Thank you.

I strongly disagree with your partner's opinion that "statistics confirm no risk of transmission to the inserter from the receiver." The estimated per-episode risk of unprotected insertive anal sex with an HIV-positive or unknown-status partner is approximately 0.06% (6 in 10,000). This risk, although 4-14 times less than that estimated for unprotected receptive anal intercourse, remains significant. The supportive research can be found in the American Journal of Epidemiology 1999;150(3):306-311. The article "Per-contact risk of human immunodeficiency virus transmission between male sexual partners" was authored by E. Vittinghoft et al.

Your partner should be tested for HIV and other STDs. You should protect your health by insisting on safe sex at all times.

Good luck. Stay safe. Stay well.

Irresponsible HIVers?
don't remember if condom broke, scared!!