|2ND POST. HAVE NOT FOUND THE ANSWER IN THE ARCHIVES
Feb 21, 2005
Dr. Bob, I must admit I don't enjoy the fact that I am writing you. But I must add that I have been somewhat comforted by your site. MY STORY: I'm a 22 yr old male and a little over a month ago went home with an unknown girl at the time. We had protected vaginal sex (twice) though the duration was less than steller. I performed oral sex on her as well. After we were done I had realized that there was blood on my fingers and on the bed. She informed me she had been at the very end of her cycle. Ok. Well, I'm freaking the HELL out here Dr. Bob. I have remained in contact with the girl and she has informed me that she was tested at 12+ weeks (for life insurance purposes), and at my urging she tested again at 16 weeks (118 days). Both tests came back negative. I'm still freaking out though, can I WhooHoo, or should I let myself continue to be consumed by this fear. Please Help me Dr. Bob...Please.
Thank You, Freaked out in Ohio
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Freaked Out in Ohio,
First off, I must point out this forum is for HIV-related fatigue and anemia questions. Questions about HIV transmission should be sent to the Safer Sex Forum. Consequently I'll answer only very briefly, post the response to both forums and refer you to the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum for additional information, OK?
1. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.
2. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission.
3. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get HIV tested at the three-month mark. Relying solely on what your contact informed you about her test results is not adequate. This is your problem, not hers.
4. Don't be freaked or consumed with fear. Be sensible and do what needs to be done. And finally remember to use the correct forum in the future, OK?
KS in Hetrosexual men
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.