2ND POST. HAVE NOT FOUND THE ANSWER IN THE ARCHIVES

Dr. Bob, I must admit I don't enjoy the fact that I am writing you. But I must add that I have been somewhat comforted by your site. MY STORY: I'm a 22 yr old male and a little over a month ago went home with an unknown girl at the time. We had protected vaginal sex (twice) though the duration was less than steller. I performed oral sex on her as well. After we were done I had realized that there was blood on my fingers and on the bed. She informed me she had been at the very end of her cycle. Ok. Well, I'm freaking the HELL out here Dr. Bob. I have remained in contact with the girl and she has informed me that she was tested at 12+ weeks (for life insurance purposes), and at my urging she tested again at 16 weeks (118 days). Both tests came back negative. I'm still freaking out though, can I WhooHoo, or should I let myself continue to be consumed by this fear. Please Help me Dr. Bob...Please.

Thank You, Freaked out in Ohio

Hello Freaked Out in Ohio,

First off, I must point out this forum is for HIV-related fatigue and anemia questions. Questions about HIV transmission should be sent to the Safer Sex Forum. Consequently I'll answer only very briefly, post the response to both forums and refer you to the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum for additional information, OK?

1. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

2. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission.

3. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get HIV tested at the three-month mark. Relying solely on what your contact informed you about her test results is not adequate. This is your problem, not hers.

4. Don't be freaked or consumed with fear. Be sensible and do what needs to be done. And finally remember to use the correct forum in the future, OK?

Avoiding Thrush
KS in Hetrosexual men