|sex after hiv infection
Feb 21, 2005
doc, i was diagnosed in april have not had sex since with anyone. my cd count is over 600 and load count is negative. my question is is it still possible to transmit the virus? is my life to be sexless. i am a bottom. what about finding a guy with the same strain? i check the articles and forums and find little to do with living with hiv sexually. thanks kevin
Response from Dr. Frascino
You are presently in the Fatigue and Anemia Forum where there is surprise, surprise much more information on fatigue and anemia than sex. If you want sex, you've got to tune into the sex forum. Check out the Safer Sex Forum and read through the archives, particularly those questions that deal with magnetic couples. I can assure you the archives of that forum are loaded with enough sex to put the natural curl back into Condi Rice's hair.
Specifically to answer your questions:
1. Are you still infectious, even though your viral load is undetectable (a more accurate word than "negative," by the way), and you have high CD4 cells? Yes, you are. Safe sex (condoms) remains imperative.
2. Is your life to be sexless? I don't know. Do you look like Donald Rumsfeld? If so, yeah, sex is out of the question. However, if you look like a poz version of Dermot Mulroney, I'd say you should shop at Costco to get supersized boxes of condoms and quart-sized squeeze bottles of Astroglide.
3. What about finding a guy with the same strain? What? I'm not sure that a Manhunt or Gay.com personal that reads "Hot muscle bottom for action now. Must be real and be strain XGH269HV77692Q poz" would be all that "fruitful", so to speak. No, my friend, this is not a good idea. You just need to practice safer sex with a partner, poz or neg, who is comfortable with your HIV status. OK?
Stay well, Kevin.
hep c treatment side effects
Cocaine and HIV
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.