Nufill and Sinus complications

I have the opportunity to join a trial of Nufill, a chance whcih under normal circumstances I would grab with both hands, as my Lipo is a shocker. But I also have a regular problem with sinus infections- they happen a few times a year and become quite debilitating- pain, no sleep for days, etc, and usually need a few weeks of antibiotics to control it. My question about the Nufill is, since it is injected into an area of the face close to the sinus area and forms a mound there, could it impact on/worsen/bring on these bouts of sinusitis? Thanks in advance Pat

Sculptra (formerly called New-Fill) was approved by the FDA last August for treatment of HIV-related facial lipoatrophy. It is not associated with increased bouts of sinusitis. It is injected only into the skin. The sinus problems are located more deeply, in mucous membrane-lined air cavities of the bones of the face. So, no worries! If you have access to treatment, I'd recommend it! I've been very happy with my "cheeky" results.

I should also take this opportunity to note that hollow-cheeked HIVers have recently been howling about Sculptra's cost. There is now a patient assistance plan to help subsidize all or part of the cost of Sculptra. Call 888-SCULPTRA for details.

Tinnitus as manifestation of PN?
load