Joint pain

I do think it is a medical miracle that so many of us are still alive after many years. I tested positive in '88 and have never been in the hospital related to HIV. My numbers are real good. The scariest thing of late was a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. But my blood surgars are under control.

I did want to add my two cents to all the discussions about joint pain. Through the years I have had various complaints about pain in my feet, knees and hips. Recently my left arm has given me many sore days. It has been described as "tennis elbow". I have great doctors and they have tried many things but it seems the days with pain are getting more frequent. Last night just walking around inside the house, suddenly my left foot felt like I had stepped on a sharp rock. The pain persisted for a couple of hours. I was limping around on my toes trying not to put weight on my left heel. The most pain is when I wake up in the morning or I have been laying down for an hour or more. At 55, some say that aches are a part of "growing old". I have friends ten and twenty years my senior who do not have these problems. Like I said, I have seen all the comments about pain on this site and wanted to add my two bits.

Yes, it is rather remarkable we are all still here to even discuss our aches and pains! Regarding "pain," if it's transient, it's probably not significant; however, if it's persistent or progressive, it's worth having your HIV doctor check it out. We're actually getting much better at diagnosing HIV-related (and non-HIV-related) pain syndromes and also at treating or at least managing the discomfort. I, for one, find an excellent massage and steam room helpful. Even if the pain doesn't completely resolve, I sure feel a hell of a lot better.

Stay well. See you in the old folks' home in about 25 years or so, OK?

What kind of life?!
Good news from Thailand and some ??