Same medication for 10 years

Dear Dr. Bob, As a long time survivor or HIV since 1987, The past seven years, I have been on the same meds; Crixivan, Zerit and Epivir. My numbers have been relatively stable during this time, but with the new drugs available, is it time to maybe consider new therapy?

Well as much as I agree with the general philosophy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," I would agree there are more potent, less toxic and more convenient medications available that might be desirable replacements for your Crixivan and Zerit. Talk to your HIV specialist and review your available options with him. Chances are, depending on your resistance profile, you have some very attractive alternative regimens to seriously consider. Also, check the information in our Switching Treatment expert forum.

vitamine C daily
Could this be a Thyroid issue?